Monday, March 1, 2010

Testing, one two...

Tuesday (tomorrow) will be a day filled with 2 non-fun but important tests. I'm viewing it a bit like a 17-year old feels about their upcoming SATs. Although in my case it's more like: Shitty Ass Tuesday.

Seriously Annoying Times

Shelly Always Triumphs

I could come up with a bunch more, but it's late, so I'll just tell you what tests I have.

At 9:45, I will be getting a CT scan to see what progress I've made thus far. I've only had 4 chemos, two of which included the Avastan drug, so I'm not EXPECTING to be completely cancer-free. Just kinda hoping. I'll learn the results on Thursday.

Sometimes I can really imagine them telling me, "Well, whaddya know, IT'S GONE! JUST LIKE THAT! Get outta here, kid! Go play basketball or catch a movie--you're all done here. " Other times, I can see him saying, "Well...I'm sorry to break this to you, but it's now spread to your brain and guts." I don't think that will be the case, but it SURE IS FUN TO THINK ABOUT! I think, based on the results of this, the doc will have a better idea of how long I'll be in chemo. Right now, I have no idea. That's difficult.

THEN!:
At 1:15 I get to meet with a genetic counselor to give blood so they can test me to see what other nasty things I might be genetically predisposed to getting. This won't be a hard test, just kind of... well just overall not a fun topic.

I'm not really nervous, but it is strange. So far in this process, things have been so nebulous. Nothing is black and white. Nothing is certain. I have no idea what next month will bring. So this test is a change, because it will yield some very definitive results, just when I'm starting to get used to living with uncertainty.

Anyway, that's my day. I may try to jump in the pool in between the two tests, because why the hell not. My parents arrive on Wednesday. Chemo Thursday. Saturday's my birthday. 3-6. Quelle week, n'est-ce pas?

Good night, everyone.

3 comments:

  1. What a day! Thinking of you....
    xo
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. likewise, thinking of you and waiting to hear good news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "so I'm not EXPECTING to be completely cancer-free. Just kinda hoping"

    I'm hoping, too.

    ReplyDelete