Saturday, March 13, 2010

The X-factor

I am getting better. I feel TERRIFIC.

I wonder why I am so lucky to be one of the people who is getting better. Not to count my chickens before they've hatched, but I've got a really good feeling about things.

I have been considering the myriad factors that may be contributing to my cancer dying. I wonder if I did something special, something out-of-the-ordinary, that contributed to this. Here are the things I have done, or that others have done for me, both tangible and intangible, that may be contributing to my getting better.

1. chemotherapy
2. good doctors
3. exercise (swimming 3x/week for 45 minutes. usually around 2600 yards.)
4. Loads of help (babysitting, food delivery, people giving my kids rides, etc.)
5. a strong partner in my husband
6. a super-supportive and strong family
7. amazing friends and community
8. Lots of people praying for me
9. Visualization techniques, wherein I imagine my immune system destroying the cancer
10. Drinking freshly made organic fruit and veggie juice every day
11. Eating way, way healthier. (more fresh fruits and veggies, whole grains, less dairy and red meat, etc...)
12. Vitamin D supplements (supposed to help w/colon cancer)
13. Agaricus Blazei and Turkey Tail Mushroom supplements (both recommended to me for their purported anti-cancer characteristics)
14. Keeping a positive mental attitude, feeling like I am going to beat this thing
15. cranial sacral therapy
16. I visited a healer (check it: http://www.celllevelhealing.com/)
17. Getting regular cards and well-wishes from friends, to keep my spirits up on a daily basis
18. Having my kids here to remind me every minute of every day that I simply cannot die. Not an option.
19. Youth
20. Good luck tokens given to me by others
21. Reading up on the disease. Knowledge is power.
22. The undefinable magic of SHELLY POWER

I am sure there are others. Those are just off the top o' my head. I guess I'll never know exactly what all is contributing directly to me getting better. It's like a multiple choice question where they could say,
a) 1
b) 2 and 5
c) 7, 14, 18
d) all of the above
e) none of the above

But the answer is:
F) YOU'LL NEVER KNOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment