Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Persistency. Not always a good thing.

After today's PET scan, I learned that the little spot in my lung is indeed cancer growing back. It's little, and it's at the former tumor site, which is good in that it's not anything NEW. My next step is to report back to the CyberKnife folks toute suite, do not pass go. Which I will do, right after I take a quick trip to coastal Georgia where it is sunny and 80 degrees.

And when I return, invigorated, I'll be ready to blast this latest bit of cancer to smithereens. I know what I have to do, and I will do it.

I don't have much else to say on the matter, so perhaps the best thing to do now is to quote Joan Crawford (Isn't that typically the best thing to do at any given time?):

"DON'T F@*# WITH ME, FELLAS. THIS AINT MY FIRST TIME AT THE RODEO."

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry that you got this disappointing news. But I know you will kick that spot's a** like you have all the others. Awesome to see you, it was truly the highlight of my day! Have a great trip to Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, shel. your brilliant mind and wit is quite remarkable. you carry us through by it--and we (hopefully) do the same for you. bon voyage!

    ReplyDelete