Tomorrow at 10:30 is my big PET scan. Hopefully it will yield the results of "all clear! cancer is gone!" I should get results by Thursday, but possibly sooner.
Til then, I am on a strict PET scan diet. This is just one more way the cancer gods STICK IT TO YA:
"24 Hours Prior to PET-CT scan
No sugars or carbohydrates, avoid the following items:
• Bread, pastry, cereal, pasta.
• Fruits, (no tomatoes),
• Desserts, muffins, crackers, candy, cookies, cakes, ice cream, yogurt, jams, jellies, honey
• Soft drinks, milk, soy milk, tonic water, juices, beer, alcoholic beverages.
• Starchy vegetables (rice, potatoes, corn, lima beans, soy beans, parsnips, peas)
You may eat:
• Meat, firm tofu: do not use sweet sauces and do not bread the meat
• Eggs, prepared without milk
• Cheese, butter, mayo, unsweetened peanut butter
• Non-starchy vegetables (Broccoli, asparagus, spinach, green beans, cauliflower)"
I have to run now, as it's 10:15, and I only have 15 more minutes to cram in the carbs and fruit and starches. This is serious business. What the H am I doing on my computer?!
Cross your fingers for me, please!